Come to Makindye Country Club for a warm welcome!
Thank you to all our members who make Makindye Country Club such a welcoming environment.
Makindye Country Club membership gives you access to a wide range of sports and recreation facilities: swimming pool, children’s paddling pool, tennis courts, a well-equipped gym, squash court and table tennis. Swimming lessons and tennis lessons can all be arranged at Makindye Country Club.
"Pay as you go", daily and weekly club membership options are available for all of the Club's sports, recreation and leisure facilities. Attendance at our regular exercise and dance classes is available to everyone, whether members, Club residents or non-members (a sliding scale of entrance fees applies). For more information about the daily and weekly classes visit our Events page or like the Makindye Country Club Facebook page for regular updates. Members also receive a regular free email newsletter.
Club members get discounted rates on all exercise and dance classes. Regular social events, such as the Music Night, are discounted or free to Club members. See our events.
Makindye Country Club is home to one of Kampala’s best-equipped and best-maintained children’s play areas, featuring a trampoline, slide, treehouse and swings. Needless to say, this is a real hit with the kids - and parents and carers too!
Our huge TV room is lined with comfy sofas - perfect for rainy Sunday afternoons! You can watch all the big international sporting fixtures at Makindye Country Club, in the TV room or in the Friends Bar. Satellite
Our Friends Bar is a cosy and inviting location for an afterwork drink, a chat with friends or to watch football at the bar. Friends Bar is open seven days a week until 10 PM, or later, when there is a function on.
If you want to make use of our free Wi-Fi, just request a code from reception.
What are the benefits of membership of Makindye Country Club?
Makindye Country Club is the successor to the American Recreation Association (ARA) a well-loved Kampala institution. For almost 20 years, the ARA was a popular hangout for families who worked at the American Embassy in Ggaba Road. The global recession of 2011 meant that sadly the ARA closed its doors, but so popular was this institution with the local expat community, that it reopened shortly afterwards as the Makindye Country Club. A more exciting development is that Makindye Country Club is now open to all nationalities in Uganda.
Despite the changes, the Club continues to have a very high reputation amongst all the communities it serves. Most of our staff have been working with us for many years, which we believe says a great deal about how much they love this working environment too. Guests who stayed in the ARA days continue to stay with us at Makindye Country Club. We believe this speaks volumes about the consistent high levels of service and friendly welcome.
If you’re working in the centre of Kampala, you will find the Club a wonderful place to chill out and unwind. Many people call it “an oasis in Kampala.”
If you are new to Uganda, or just visiting Kampala on a short-term contract, for example, you will enjoy having the opportunity to connect with like-minded people who will help you understand the lively city of Kampala.
Time spent at the Club is a chance to meet and socialise with other parents and carers while your kids play together in the swimming pool. Families that belong to Makindye Country Club get so much more than use of all our great facilities. There is so much to entertain the family all in one place, equally you can spend the day together while all taking part in the different activities you each love. Our secure compound and friendly and attentive staff mean you can sit back and relax while the kids run around and release some energy!
The Club is also a great place for single travellers. You will quickly get talking to people and make new friends. You will be on first name terms with our staff as soon as you enter the Club premises and will soon become one of our familiar faces.
If you have any suggestions on any aspect of the Club, do please get in contact. You’re welcome to drop into the office any time, send us an email email@example.com or call +256 (0)414 510290. You can also keep up-to-date with us via the Makindye Country Club Facebook page.
Membership fees (valid until January 31st 2016)
|Joining Fee (one time, non-refundable)||$100.00|
|Annual Membership Dues||$625.00|
|Joining Fee (one time, non-refundable)||$125.00|
|Annual Membership Dues||$775.00|
|FAMILY MEMBERSHIP (up to 3 kids)|
|Joining Fee (one time, non-refundable)||$150.00|
|Annual Membership Dues||$925.00|
|Each additional child||$100.00|
|TEMPORARY MEMBERSHIP (WEEKLY)|
All membership fees and dues are exclusive of 18% VAT.
Credit card facilities are now available at Makindye Country Club. A bank charge of 5% applies to credit card transactions.
- Membership of Makindye Country Club is open to those who meet the guidelines outlined in the regulations set forth by the Membership Committee and Board of Directors of Makindye Country Club. The decision of the Club Membership Committee is final on all questions of membership eligibility.Membership fees and dues are payable within 15 days of membership approval. We endeavour to keep our costs as affordable as possible and prompt payment is a big help to us.
- Membership dues of all members are payable annually, in advance, on 1st January each calendar year. Members who are approved for membership within the calendar year are expected to pay dues for the pro-rated portion of the year. Such payment is required within 15 days of membership approval.
- Membership fees are payable in USD cash, cheque or Uganda shillings, at the current bank rate of exchange.
- Club membership will be cancelled if dues are more than 60 days in arrears. After 30 days of non-payment, access to the Club may be prohibited. If we do not receive a response to our reminder letters we will assume that you do not intend to continue. Rejoining the Club will require payment of another membership (joining) fee in addition to the annual dues.
- If you wish to cancel your Club membership and qualify to receive a refund for the unused remainder of your membership, please notify the General Manager in writing 30 days prior to your membership expiration or departure from Kampala.
A note to parents and carers
- Children must be supervised at MCC at all times. Children under 12 years of age must always be accompanied to the Club. Children under 18 years old are your responsibility. While we do have many staff on site, they are not responsible for overseeing children who play in the playground or who swim.
- Please note that use of the Club’s gym facilities are strictly for those over the age of 18.
DAILY GUEST FEES;
Members are welcome to bring day guests to Makindye Country Club. If accompanied by a Club member, the guest fee is half price. However, guest visits are limited to a maximum of once a month, that is a total of 12 visits in a year. We suggest that guests coming on a weekly or daily basis become members.
KIDS (Under 15 Years) 10,000/=
Membership may be extended to:
- Members/staff of diplomatic missions stationed within Uganda
- Staff of NGOs
- Members/staff of missionary organizations
- School teachers, staff and board members of International schools in Uganda
- Sponsored by a member of MCC
Are you interested in applying for membership? Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or please call +256(0)414 510290.